Chapter 1: The one sitting next to me, Nikaido-san

 Chp. 1: The one sitting next to me, Nikaido-san

From Author:

I started a new series

I’ll be in your care

・・・

It’s all started when I was just a kid

 

[We’ll always be friends, right, Hayato?]

 

[Yeah, we’ll always be friends, Haruki! ]

 

The sunflowers blooming in the garden, the empty bottle of lemonade, and the sound of the cicadas chirping

 

On a late summer evening in the countryside, I made a small promise to my best friend

 

Intertwining our pinkies together, we wish for a reunion before a farewell we have no choice but to face

 

 Seven years have passed since then

 

[It’s huge...]

 

I, Hayato Kirishima was suddenly aware of this as I looked at my new high school.

 

The school I moved to was much bigger and prettier than the one in the countryside, which almost made my eyes roll back in my head

 

 

I can’t help but think about the things I’ve missed in my past days

 

Anyway, not wanting to remain overwhelmed, I pulled myself together and headed to the staff room

 

It seemed that all the procedures had already been completed, so I headed straight to the classroom with my homeroom teacher.

 

Above the door was a plate with “1-A” written on it

 

 

 

From the entrance, gazes of interest pierce through me, making me nervous

 

 

[My name’s Hayato, Kirishima Hayato. I’m a country bumpkin from Tsukinose, a place where you might see monkeys, deer, and boars on the road]

 

I introduced myself in such a self-deprecating way, and although I’m not proud of it, my expression was such that my classmates started to laugh

 

I breathed a sigh of relief since my first day at my new school was going well

 

Since I was moving from the countryside to the city, moreover it was in the middle of June, I felt a little uneasy about that

 

Still, there were some things I was excited about

 

The fact that I was moving to the same town as Haruki Nikaido, the person I made a promise to when I was a kid made me excited. There might be a chance to meet him

 

[For your seat…. Is there an empty seat next to Nikaido?]

 

(Nikaido… eh?)

 

[Yes]



One of the female student raised her hand and gestured, “Here you go”

 

She was a very beautiful girl

 

She has big, round eyes and long, well-groomed hair that’s braided in tufts on each side

 

The way she smiles at me is as lovely as a bud that’s blossoming to a flower

 

She’s a neat and lovely girl who seemed mature and the word “Yamato Nadeshiko” suited her well. (TL Note: “Yamato Nadeshiko” is a japanese term meaning the personification of an idealized Japanese woman)

 

On the contrary, the face of my best friend came to mind as I thought, [Oh, this girl is also called Nikaido, just like that guy] ”, 

 

He was a good-natured guy, he might try to approach her and said, “It’s fate that we have the same last name”

 

When I thought about it, a giggle escaped my lips and I started to choke 

 

[I’ll be in your care, Nidokai-san]

 

She looked a bit surprised at my reaction, but for a moment, she responded with a mischievous smile that was somewhat friendly 

 

[I’ll be in your care, Kirishima-kun]

 

I felt nostalgic for some reason when she squinted her eyes at me

 

(Huh, Why did I feel nostalgic?)

 

I tilted my head, trying to think. But my classmates started to approach me

 

[Hey, Kirishima-kun, is it true what you said in your introduction?]

[How remote is that place, seriously?]

[How did you end up coming here from such a place?]

 

As soon as homeroom was over, I was surrounded by my classmates and was subjected to baptism of fire in the form of questions about me

 

[Uhm, the reason I changed schools was because of my father’s sudden job transfer. The last place I lived was deep in the mountains, where there were only 4 buses a day, and we had more livestock than people… Honestly, I’ve never been surrounded by so many things besides chickens and sheeps, so I’m a bit surprised]

 

When I shrugged my shoulders after I said something like that, my classmates started to laugh and some of them said something like: [What’s that?], [Really?], [That’s funny!]

 

I have a good impression of my classmates, and it seemed that my classmates also felt the same way. So they started to ask me more and more questions

 

[DIdn’t you have any girlfriend or something over there?]


[It’s harder to find someone your own age, not to mention, a girlfriend]

 

[Do you have any friends? What did you do for fun?]

 

[Basically, I was either alone or helping out in the fields… Oh! There was a guy who used to be a good friend of mine. He made me jump to the river with him from a bridge, climbed a tree in the mountain and fell down when he couldn’t get down, I think he was more of a bad monkey or some monster rather than a friend]

 

I talked about these things as I replayed my memories with Haruki.

 

If I were to say anything, all I remember is being dragged around and pushed around all the time. I’m sure it’s not really good, but it definitely was a fun memories

 

*snap*

 

[Eh?]

[...Ah]

 

I don’t know why, but at the same time as we were speaking, I heard the sound of something being snapped from beside me

 

Everyone turned their attention to the direction of the sound source

 

It was Nikaido-san in the seat next to me

 

In her hand was a mechanical pencil snapped in the middle 

 

Nikaido-san herself looked surprised, too

 

A beautiful, innocent girl who looks like a “Yamato Nadeshiko” and a broken mechanical pencil in her hand

 

 

With this unfamiliar situation, my classmates were more concerned about her than the questions they were about to ask 

 

[Nikaido-san?]

 

[Uhm, that… what happened?]

 

[Are you okay? Are you hurt?]

 

[Ahaha, don’t worry, I’m fine. This pencil was a bit defective]

 

 

She decided to ask me a question as if she was trying to cover something up. Her face was a little tinged with disapproval

 

[That’s quite a way to talk about a dear friend]

 

[Haha, that’s because he’s my best friend]

 

[Oh, I see]

 

I answered Nikaido-san whilst thinking about my memories with  Haruki

 

After that, she turned her face away with a pout


Next


-----------------------------------------------------
TL: Hyou

This is another series that we decide to pick up, please enjoy and give us a rating and comment for any suggestions.

Don't forget to add this on ur reading list on NovelUpdates

Comments

  1. --- Thanks for the chapter~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems promising I think the friend is angry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good bro, I'm craving a lot of School-Life, can hardly find it in manga

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the chapter, may I ask you for permission to translate this to my langue?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What language, If I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dud, why I didn't read this masterpiece a lot sooner!!! Damn, I needed this to heal my depression by rough day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for Reading this Chapter, please look forward to the continuation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapter, looking forward to this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the chapter, looking forward to this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NGL, this novel is too promising!!! We don't have a loner MC, someone finally normal for once!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dam this was deep. Writer clearly gave some thought. Let’s just hope MC isn’t indecisive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lmao he just leave a "Bad Monkey" impression on her

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully this turns out to be good. I need something to preoccupy me whilst fasting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Volume 1 Illustration - Tenkosaki